McKenzie has been incredibly shy lately when she’s introduced to strangers…which is totally fine because we’ve really been stressing “stranger danger” (the little sweetie was saying “hi!” to everyone she saw…cute, but potentially dangerous). Anyhow, it can definitely be a little embarrassing when we’re trying to introduce her to someone new, and she hides behind our legs…she’ll make the face in the bottom-right picture (below). What a little stinker.
To remedy this new-found shyness, we’ve taught her a couple cute, kid-friendly jokes…it really helps her relax a bit around new people. I found a lot of them on the Melissa & Doug blog, because we were having a hard time finding ones that would be easy enough for a preschooler/kindergartener to actually understand. Here is a list of the 10 best ones we’ve found:
- Why did the cow cross the road? To get to the udder side!
- What do you call a sweaty dog? A hot dog!
- What is a pirate’s favorite letter? Arghhhh! (r)
- What did the teddy bear say when he ate too much ice cream? I’m stuffed!
- Why was 6 afraid of 7? Because 7 ate 9!
- What time do you go to the dentist? Tooth-hurty!
- What do Santa’s Helpers learn in school? The elf-abet.
- Where did the hamburger go on a date? To the Meat Ball!
- Why did Tigger go to the bathroom? To look for Pooh!
- Where do cows go on dates? To the mooooovies!
Like how I began and ended with a cow joke? We are from Wisconsin, after all…haha. ;) Kids telling jokes is just pretty darn cute, and I’m glad it sets her at ease around new people. Her favorite one right now is #2 on the list (probably because it’s so easy). Sometimes she’ll just roll right into the answer, but it’s cute anyway. Do you know any good, kid-friendly jokes? Feel free to share them with me so I can add them to our repertoire!
I used the “joke technique” with McKenzie at her fun-filled birthday lunch with me last Friday, and she told jokes 2, 3, 5, and 6 to our server! Afterward, I snapped some pictures of her in front of the Cheesecake Factory. She was in particularly happy mood, so I got these adorable, personality-filled pics! She wore this on her birthday, so it had to be fabulous. Can you believe this whole outfit was less than $10? Can’t beat that.
- Shirt: $1.99, Children’s Place (thrifted from Goodwill…I love this shirt!)
- Jeggings: $3.98, Circo (Target clearance)
- Shoes: $2.98, Circo (Target clearance)